Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Tis the season for buying “just the right gift” for those family members or friends who are wine enthusiasts --
We have compiled a list of 10 items to consider that we think might just do the trick during the holidays.
1. Sparkling wine bottle stoppers -- for the Champagne/Sparkling wine lover who may need to hang onto a bottle overnight -- these stoppers are perfect to keep the wine fresh and full of bubbles!
2. Wine Totes -- for the wine lover who likes to travel with wine to parties or tastings, these are perfect and fashionable gifts.
3. Wine Books -- We highly recommend Wine Folly and their hardcover “Magnum Edition.” Author Madeline
Puckette makes learning about wine easy with succinct explanations and great graphics and maps.
4. A Wine Aerator/Pourer -- some aerators can be quite expensive. These attach right to the bottle and do a great job allowing wine to ‘breathe’ as it goes into the glass, enhancing the wine experience.
5. Wine Decanter -- for the red wine lover in your family or circle of friends -- the perfect gift if they do not own one. It only enhances the red wine tasting experience and looks cool!
6. Coravin -- this is for the more serious wine drinker and is a big ticket/big price item. Coravins allow wine drinkers to drink wine from a bottle without actually opening the bottle. It works with a needle that pierces natural corks and draws wine out of the bottle, replacing it with argon gas so the wine inside the bottle stays tasty for days and weeks at a time.
7. An ‘Ah-So’ Wine Opener -- for those tough corks that won’t come out or break in bottle -- this is the tool to extract that cork!
8. A Bottle of Port -- the fortified sweet dessert wine of Portugal -- try a Ruby Port for a more fruit forward experience or a Tawny Port for a fruity experience with a nutty finish. Try a 10 year or 20 year Tawny or ‘LBV’, for a step up in quantity. Or, get a ‘Vintage’ Port from the last century or early 2000’s for a great Port experience.
9. A Bottle of Champagne -- most of us usually do not splurge on a nice bottle, so these are perfect gifts -- look for offerings from Moet, Ruinart, Veuve, Bilecart-Salmon, Pierre-Jouet or talk to your local wine retailer for more exclusive offerings.
10. A Bottle of Sauternes -- originating from the Graves section in Bordeaux and made from Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, and Muscadelle, these world classic “sticky” dessert wines are a great way to finish a meal -- sweet and full of rich honey, peach, apple, flavors, these are crowd pleasers.
A Brut Detroit gift basket! Of course we have some tricks up our sleeves to set you up with some gifts this season. Check out our Signature Gift Basket options HERE! We can also customize for any occasion... just contact our Crafty Lady, Ashton! During the holiday season we are delivering them for free...
From all of us at Brut Detroit, have a safe and happy holiday season!